Candidates for this exam should have subject matter expertise in implementing, managing, and monitoring an organization’s Microsoft Azure environment, including virtual networks, storage, compute, identity, security, and governance.
An Azure administrator often serves as part of a larger team dedicated to implementing an organization's cloud infrastructure. Azure administrators also coordinate with other roles to deliver Azure networking, security, database, application development, and DevOps solutions.
Candidates for this exam should be familiar with operating systems, networking, servers, and virtualization. In addition, professionals in this role should have experience using PowerShell, Azure CLI, the Azure portal, Azure Resource Manager templates (ARM templates), and Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), part of Microsoft Entra.
You may be eligible for ACE college credit if you pass this certification exam. See ACE college credit for certification exams for details.
Purpose of this document
An Azure administrator often serves as part of a larger team dedicated to implementing an organization's cloud infrastructure.
Whether you’re new to the field or a seasoned professional, mastering the basics in Microsoft Azure can help you jump-start your career and prepare you to dive deeper into the many technical opportunities Azure offers.
The certification validates your basic knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Azure. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of cloud concepts, along with Azure services, workloads, security, privacy, pricing, and support.
We welcome you to visit the official VCP- DCV 2023 certification webpage:
If you need help with a Certification Path or with Certification Requirements, please contact the Certification Support Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Candidate Agreement is a legal document between the candidate and VMware regarding participation in the VMware Certification Program including access to and use of any Program benefit, VMware Certification credentials, or any VMware Certification logo that VMware makes available as part of the Program.
• Describe VMware Virtual Cloud Network and the NSX-T Data Center architecture
• Describe the NSX-T Data Center components and main functions
• Explain the NSX-T Data Center key features and benefits
• Deploy and configure NSX-T Data Center infrastructure
• Configure layer 2 logical switching and bridging
• Explain the tiered routing architecture and configure gateways
• Configure advanced services such as VPN and load balancing
• Describe the NSX-T Data Center security model with micro-segmentation
• Configure Distributed Firewall and Gateway Firewall to protect east-west and north-south traffic
• Explain advanced security enforcement with URL analysis, IDS, and partner service insertion
• Integrate VMware Identity ManagerTM or LDAP with NSX-T Data Center and configure role-based access control
• Describe NSX-T Data Center Federation use-cases and architecture for switching, routing, and security.